close

將中文世界轉換成英文的過程中,最難的是還要保留「語氣」。我們平常講話常用的「難道」、「差不多」、「不見得」....你想得到英文怎麼說嗎?這裡提出一些參考說法。你也許想得到更貼近的說法呢!

難道
1. don't tell me
你看起來很蒼白;難道又生病了啊!. 
→ You look pale. Don't tell me you are sick again.
難道你又餓了啊!
→ Don't tell me you are hungry.
難道你又失業了!
→ Don't tell me you're out of job again.

2. Can (Could) it be...?
難道是我忘了嗎? 
→ Can it be that I forgot it? 
難道是我錯了嗎?
→ Could it be my fault?
難道是我嗎? 
→ Can it be me?

3. surely用於否定句之前,有「難道」的意思
難道你想什麼事都是我們做?
→ Surely you don't expect us to do everything?
難道我們整天讀書不吃任何東西嗎?
→ Surely, we can't study all day without eating anything?

差不多
1. as good as
差不多就這樣了。 
→ As good as it gets!
他這輩子差不多完了。
→ His life is as good as over.
這事情差不多(可以說)解決了。 
→ The matter is as good as settled.

不見得
1. be not likely
她不見得會和他結婚。 
→ She is not likely to marry him.

2. may not necessarily be
出國留學不見得一定有出息。 
→ Going abroad for further study may not necessarily be promising.

 

引用來源: http://www.core-corner.com/Web2/index.php?stat=EEC

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 威爾斯美語士林 的頭像
    威爾斯美語士林

    威爾斯美語士林分校

    威爾斯美語士林 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()